An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced trainer, with experience of designing and delivering training that makes a real impact. At Become we provide training and consultancy to organisations that work directly with children in care and young care leavers and are now looking to recruit a creative, experienced training officer to deliver this important provision.
The Training Officer will be involved in delivering new and innovative pieces of work, including the development and delivery of new, digital training packages and an exciting programme of work developing training alongside Personal Advisors and care experienced young people.
You will support the Training & Development Manager to facilitate the effective day to day running of Become’s training and consultancy service, as well as play a vital role in the growth and development of the training and consultancy offer and team. You will build and maintain networks across the children and young people's sector and statutory partners to secure training bookings and increase Become's reach. Importantly, you will work closely with local authorities and sector professionals to develop and deliver a new Personal Advisors training programme. Working closely with care experienced young people in the development and delivery of training will be important to the success of this work.
You will have experience of writing and delivering training and working in the children and young people's sector (ideally the care sector). You will have experience of partnership working with a range of stakeholders, and a professional and accessible approach to your delivery. Experience of delivering 'train the trainer' programmes is highly desirable.
At Become we value and celebrate people’s diversity and believe this strengthens our team. As an organisation serving children in care and care leavers, we are keen to receive applications from people with experience of care and recognise the importance of having care experienced staff within our team. We are also actively seeking to bring more diversity of perspectives and experience and especially welcome applications from people from Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic backgrounds and LGBTQ communities.
To apply, please provide a CV (in Word or PDF format) alongside no more than two A4 pages detailing your suitability for the role – specifically addressing and providing relevant examples to demonstrate you meet the skills and experience required.
Longlisted candidates will be asked to create and submit a short video of themselves to inform our final shortlisting for interview.
Please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application. Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Monday 28 June 2021, please use the subject line: (Full name) application for Training Officer role. Interviews will be competency-based and we expect these to take place virtually, using a video calling app (Zoom). If access to technology/WIFI is difficult for you, please get in touch with us so we can assist in making suitable arrangements.
Job title: Training Officer
Reporting to: Training & Development Manager
Purpose of role: The Training Officer will be responsible for the coordination, delivery and promotion of Become’s training and consultancy offer. Working closely with the Training & Development Manager, and with a range of stakeholders, the Training Officer will work with a number of local authorities to develop and deliver a training programme for Personal Advisors.
Salary: £30,000 pro rata (0.8 FTE £24,000)
Job type: Permanent. Part-time with occasional evening work.
Hours: 28 hours p/w (flexible working arrangements considered)
Pension: 5% employer contribution
Leave: 28 pro rata (22.4 days for 0.8 FTE)
Location: 15-18 White Lion Street, London, N1 9PG with the possibility of part time working from home.
Application Closing Date: Monday 28 June 2021
- To coordinate, write and deliver of training & consultancy for professionals on topics related to children in care and young care leavers
- To build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, clients, participants and young trainers
- To work closely alongside local authorities to write and deliver a Personal Advisors training programme
- To promote Become’s training & consultancy offer, identifying opportunities to raise awareness of our training and building relationships with new clients
- To be responsible for the delivery, assessment and management of accredited learning
- To evaluate the quality and impact of the training by capturing and analysing data and feedback gathered, and working with the Training & Development Manager to use learning to inform developments and improvements
- To providing logistical support for training courses and responding to queries by email and phone
- To work directly with care experienced young people in the development and delivery of our training packages and facilitate workshops and young people’s forums
- At least two years’ experience of successful training work with professionals
- Demonstrable experience of working in the children and young people’s sector (ideally care sector) and/or the voluntary sector
- Demonstrable experience in writing training sessions and workshops
- Experience in delivering training to a wide range of professionals
- Experience of working in collaboration with key stakeholders
- A strong understanding of the key issues relating to the effective provision of services for children in and from care, and the key issues facing children in care and care leavers
- Strong organisational and self-administration skills
- Experience of coordinating and delivering training events
- Experience of delivering ‘train the trainer’ programmes, ideally to young people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent training facilitation skills – in person and online
- Excellent IT skills including good use of PowerPoint, online video platforms (e.g. Zoom, Teams) and online databases
- Commitment to social justice and to the rights of children and young people
- Experience of writing training content to meet identified learner or client needs is desirable