A one-day training event for foster carers, third sector workers and others supporting or caring for children and young people in care.
Overall aim and outcomes
By the end of this session participants will be fully informed on the various support that children in care and care leavers are entitled to and be able to support individuals and ensure they receive the support they should be getting throughout their journey in care and leaving care.
Through this training participants will learn about:
- the difference between statutory and local entitlements
- the role of the authority and what to expect from other agencies, e.g. schools and NHS
- the importance of planning early for leaving care and the role of the pathway plan
- supporting children and young people to advocate for themselves
- what to do when no one is listening
Who is this aimed at?
Advocates, YOT workers, immigration advisors, paralegals, student services, welfare officers, foster carers, third sector workers and others who work with young people from care. Content and training materials adapted to the group.
Our training is delivered at your premises or site, with content and materials adapted to meet the needs of the group.
To find out more or arrange a training date, please email email@example.com or call 020 7251 3117.