A half-day event for groups of young people in care. Designed and delivered by our Advice & Support Officer who runs the Become Care Advice Line, this session outlines the rights and entitlements of young people in care.
Overall aim and outcomes
This training event is designed to inform groups of young people in care of their specific rights and entitlements, enabling them to better access various support and opportunities.
Through this training young people will learn about:
- their rights and entitlements in care
- what to expect from their local authority
- what to do when not receiving the right support
- self-advocating / how to get their voice heard
- signposting; support networks and useful sources of support
Who is this aimed at?
Groups of young people in care, including young people in the justice system. Content and materials are adapted to meet the needs of the group.
Our training is delivered at your premises or site.
To find out more or arrange a training date, please contact Helen at Helen.Sweet@becomecharity.org.uk or call her on 020 7017 2789.