Who is this for?
Anyone new to a role that may bring you into contact with care experienced young people e.g.
- College/University Tutors
- Student Services Staff
- Welfare Officers
- Job Centre Coaches
- Medical Practitioners
- Prison Officers
- Third Sector Workers
- Hostel Support Workers
- Helpline Staff
- Volunteers on projects relating to care experience young people
What’s it about?
This training event explores experiences, behaviours and specific needs of children and young people in care. By the end of this session participants will understand the needs of care-experienced children and young people, be able to recognise and address barriers and differentiate to effectively support children and young people in care.
Course participants will learn about:
- key legislation and the journey through care
- trauma and attachment
- the effects of a disruptive childhood and education
- differentiating the needs of care-experienced children and young people
- networks and signposting and additional sources of support
How long is the course?
6 Guided Learning Hours / Full day
How much does it cost?
Group booking £995 + VAT
To find out more or arrange a training date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Training Team on 07498 774914.