Are you aged 16-20 and have care experience? Want to gain valuable skills and experience in different media whilst creating content to help tell the stories of care-experienced young people? Ever dreamed about writing articles or filming videos for different platforms?
If you answered yes to these questions, then Become have the perfect opportunity for you…
Starting January 2019, the six-month Content Curator programme will take place over four Saturday sessions in our North London offices. We will also have four optional evening writing workshops to support you with writing articles to be published on our print and online platforms.
The Content Curator positions provide excellent opportunity for bright and enthusiastic creatives to develop experience in print, broadcast and digital communications.
Curators will get the opportunity to work with a number of professionals in the media industry including Become’s communications team, public relations company Hotwire and broadcasters.
About the programme
During the sessions, you’ll contribute and develop your amazing communication skills to help produce engaging content to share care-experienced young people’s voices across media platforms.
- Interviewing people for online and offline publication
- Pitching magazine content
- Writing fun and interesting feature articles for online and offline publication
- Creating digital content (video and audio) for online platforms including the Become website and our social media pages.
Don’t worry if you don’t have any previous media experience! In each session, we’ll deliver an interactive workshop to develop and unlock your talent!
Benefits of the Content Curators programme
- Hear and learn from media industry professionals.
- Great experience for your CV when applying for work or a course.
- Reimbursement of travel to/from the office and lunch provided.
- £10 an hour for each Saturday session.